Zoe Foster Blake’s book Amazinger Face. Image by Sophie Putze.
If you’ve picked up a glossy mag in the last ten years, or scrolled through Instagram a bit more recently, you’re bound to be familiar with Zoe Foster Blake. Aside from having the most adorable little family, she’s also a bit of a girlboss, having created Go-To Skincare just a couple of years ago and being a published author among other things. She recently updated her beauty bible, Amazinger Face, with an all-new design, new product recommendations and even more tips and tricks that she’s acquired in her years as a beauty lover. We were totally engrossed in this book from start to finish. From its eye-catching design, clear visuals and of course the product recommendations aplenty. If you love beauty, you need this in your life.
Today we have five beauty hacks that we’ve discovered, put to use and love from Amazinger Face. Share them around, beauty knowledge is made for that! Anyway, on with the hacks.
– This blew my mind, and I am surprised I’d not heard of it earlier but did you know a ton of UV rays come through aeroplane windows? It makes sense obviously but if you’re a day-tripper, make sure you apply some SPF before you depart. Your non-red cheeks will thank you later.
– Use a smaller, synthetic brush to apply your concealer rather than fingers. Fingers are okay for gently tapping in under-eye concealer but are not so great for blemishes where using your fingers can actually spread the infection. We recommend the Real Techniques Concealer Brush or the Bobbi Brown Concealer Blending Brush.
– Primer is not a gimmick, well maybe some are. If you have skin that seems to eat makeup like it’s going out of fashion though, you need one in your life. For face, we love the Too Faced Hangover Primer or the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. If your eyes are oilier than a frying pan, invest in an eyeshadow primer too. They are a godsend. Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base is our go-to.
– Cream blush is one of those products that does not always like to stick around. Apply your cream blush first, blend it thoroughly and then apply a powder blush in a similar shade over the top. Not only will you get a little extra pop of colour, your blush won’t be going anywhere fast.
– Apply your bold lip colour after you do your foundation and concealer. This way you can better assess how much cheek or eye makeup you need and avoid the risk of the classic case of Clown Face.
By Sophie Putze from Nana Wintour.