After a beautiful bridesmaid dress? Local designers have embraced wedding season and many are now creating bespoke bridesmaid dresses to help create the perfect look to complement the bridal party. Here are our six favourites from some brilliant kiwi designers:
1. Staple+Cloth have utilised their skill for creating great dresses with their new 'Occasions' range which designer Sharyn Condon launched in August last year. Featuring delicate lace and silk in easy to wear shapes, the range customises past and present dress styles in pastel hues that are made to order. The semi-sheer pieces with lace inserts are truly a delight and this range has a variety of looks to suit most ages.
2. Designer Emily Miller-Sharma from Liam launched 'Celebrations' in May 2014 to meet a growing demand for special occasion dresses in Liam's signature sophisticated style. Elegant looks from Liam's past collections and new garments are able to be customised to suit your style all while being made to measure so they will fit perfectly. Liam's floor-sweeping gowns in soft shades of periwinkle and blossom are truly striking and perfect for glamorous evening soirees.
3. Already successfully making many modern dresses in their effortless approach, Moochi launched their bridesmaid collection in December 2013 and it's continued to be very popular. Adapting existing dress shapes and new ones, Moochi's winsome collection is made to order in a variety of colours and fabrics so you can choose your own customised look in their contemporary silhouettes.
4. Celine Rita has been making custom-made bridesmaid dresses since the early days of the label, and this season designer Celine Chapman has devoted her summer collection to a range of beautiful dresses (and a few jumpsuits) that would be gorgeous bridal party attire. Natural fabrics of linen cotton and raw silk feature in her collection of cleverly cut pieces that have a modern feel but timeless appeal. Softer tones are offset by black and mustard for those who want to be a bit more daring. There are plenty of pieces perfect for dancing in this range.
5. Since launching her label in 2012, designer Amber Pinto from Amber Whitecliffe has found her bridesmaid orders growing every season with her feminine designs popular with women who love her flattering styles. Amber even designed her own bridesmaid dresses so has first-hand experience and knowledge to help you pick lovely looks for your big day or create a custom-made dress for a special event. She has dresses to cater for those who want something young and fun right through to more mature tastes.
6. Juliette Hogan is known for her elegant and sophisticated style and has been creating customised versions of her divine dresses for many seasons now. Silk, lace and chiffon feature in Juliette's stunning creations that can be made in a range of hues and fabrications to suit the bridal party. Her beautiful use of draping and eye for timeless styles mean her looks are always picture perfect and highly coveted.
– By Evelyn Ebrey