OTK Boots and How to Wear Them
Over-The-Knee (OTK) boots are a must have for this winter. They've been around for the last couple of years, but they have never been more on-trend. These sexy boots have been seen on everyone from style icons Kate Moss, Agyness Deyn, Stella McCartney and supermodel Elle Macpherson (on the school run no less!), through to starlets such as Jessica Alba and Penelope Cruz as well as music industry It girls Lady Gaga and Rihanna. But how does one wear them? Blogger Pip tells us how.
The key to executing this look lies in the styling. An OTK boot obviously makes a bold statement, so try to temper their inherent sexiness with more modest pieces. (Essentially, you want to avoid any outfit that makes you look like you're channelling Vivian in Pretty Woman!). That means no body-con dresses with loads of flesh-revealing cut-outs. If wearing a short skirt (or long tee), pair with leggings or tights. And for your own good, choose a pair made out of genuine leather or suede. Flat, high, wedge or mid heeled, there is a style out there to suit everyone…the aim is to look classy and edgy as opposed to trashy – so its best to avoid faux leather pointed toe stiletto versions!
Stuart Weitzman has done THE best selection of OTK boots this season. His flat OTK boots have been seen on Angelina Jolie, Kate Hudson, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lindsay Lohan, Demi Moore and Fergie .now thats a boot with an A-List following!
1) HILO flat OTK boots by Stuart Weitzman – as pictured on Kim Kardashian. This style makes dressing a breeze with its partial side zip and an elastic inset at the back of the thigh. The perfect pair for everyday wear as they are flat with a round toe.
2) ZIP UP tan suede wedge boots by Stuart Weitzman. Stand out in these stunning tan suede boots – I love how Kate has styled them with denim and winter white. Or pair with leggings and tunic a la the model.
3) Tobacco OLSEN by Lea Foscati – love the paper bag look and the beautiful grey-brown colour of these Italian boots on a wearable mid heel. Plus they're the perfect style for those with more curvaceous calves!
4) MEZZO flat black suede boots by Stuart Weitzman – the super-slim profile and dual textures of this boot make it a sharp, versatile addition to your cool-weather wardrobe. Luxurious suede and crepe provide a flexible fit, and its treaded outsole will keep your steps secure even in bad weather. As worn by Kate Hudson (again!) at LAX.
5) FOXANE by French brand Arche – incredibly soft and perfect for a slim leg. Features a rubber sole ideal for wet weather.
6) HIHO platform boot by Stuart Weitzman – Make a statement and elongate your legs in this sexy thigh high boot in velvety suede with almond shaped toe, stacked heel and 1 inch platform. An elastic panel at the back creates a sleek fit.