Website Apparel HR
Position: Textile Print Designer
Our client is looking for an exceptional Texile Print Designer to join their thriving team. This is an intedmediate role (4-5 years of commercial experience required) that will see you working with one of NZ’s largest retailers.
– Be continually aware of the customer profiles (top, mid and all store) and reflect this in all activities and decisions.
– Develop customer understanding and perspective by attending appropriate meetings, reading relevant reports and listening to/observing customers during visits.
– Use information gained from customer research and focus groups to inform own decisions.
– Seeks and understand the brand objectives, strategy and financial targets for her categories.
– Research local and international competition and trends in fashion each season.
– Understands the various sources of information for forward trends, colour, fabric and styling and recognises any new sources for inspiration.
– Interpret trends to target customers.
– Seasonal catwalk overview focusing on print and textiles.
– Seasonal catwalk overview focusing on allocated categories.
– Work with Design Manager and the buying team to achieve their print needs for each range.
– Able to identify trends, with a creative eye to translate into commercial print and apparel designs.
– Create both all over repeat designs and placement prints for digital and ink printing.
– Design embroidery and textile artwork.
– Create 2d and 3d sketches for 3d objects such as Accessories or Homeware.
– Prepare artwork for factories.
– Manage Print Library.
– Continually design and add to Print Library.
Design & Development
– Be able to Interpret trends and design product to target customers.
– Use information gained from recent sales to updated best seller and/or create new styles.
– Create design boards identifying Key volume and Key fashion drivers per allocated categories.
– Create supporting seasonal fabric boards if relevant to your categories.
– Create Wash board if relevant to category.
– Create clear and accurate 2d sketches to be sent to supplier for development.
– Create accurate specification and tech pack to support sketch for supplier to create first fit sample
– Attend fit session where required.
– Assist the Design Manager in set up and preparations for presentations.
– Attend meetings with Design Manager/ Buyers, which have an impact on style development.
– Organises and archives samples, colour swatches, fabric swatches and magazines.
– Collating imagery and inspiration for archives (scanning / photocopying) including garments.
– Ensure all Trend packs and story boards are saved and updated in the shared drive.
– Maintaining designing department flow when the designer is on inspirational or development trip.
– Always look for continuous improvement opportunities in all aspects of the department.
– Other related duties as required from time to time.
– Adhere at all times to all company policies, systems and procedures.
– Clear and concise communications skills.
– Thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
– Eye for detail.