Website Frame Retail
Position: Product developer – Womens fashion!
– Close knit team, fun and high performing role reporting to Merchandise Manager.
– Do you have a good understanding of garment construction, fabrics and development?
– Report directly into the General Manager!
We are looking for a talented individual to assist with the design and development process of this brand, reporting into the General Manager this role will be accountable for supporting with developing of product ranges to meet market needs through product sourcing and design.
The role will include, but not be limited to;
– Sourcing fabrics and qualities to be able to finalise order completion
– Preparing story-boards and concepts and presenting ideas in sales meetings.
– Assisting the Merchandise Manager with price negotiations and margin requirements of customers.
– Salesman sample management to ensure samples are maintained and organised.
– Developing specifications using concepts and samples briefed from buyers.
– Creating documents to include technical drawings, quality, construction and grading rules.
– Fit sessions; measuring and quality checking on body and dummies to ensure the best possible fit – providing detailed notes to send to factories.
– Assisting the Merchandise Manager with sales meetings, presenting storyboards and ranges when required.
– Supporting with photoshoots, sample preparation and promotional material when required.
– Conducting regular competitor analysis to ensure up to date with market trends and awareness.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
– A fashion design degree or diploma (desirable)
– Direct factory negotiation and off -shore sourcing experience.
– Product development and construction skill sets.
– Time management and critical path experience.
– Be flexible and adaptable.
– Commercial and business acumen, sound judgement and decision making skills.
– Proven ability to work cross functionally in an organisation.
– Proven ability to work independently and multi task
– Excellent written, verbal, presentation and public speaking skills
– Be detail orientated, resourceful, proactive, self-confident and organised
This is an exciting, intermediate level role and is a X1 year fixed term contract. This large and expanding company likes to hold onto talent! There will be opportunities for the right person at the end of this contract role!
If this role sounds like you, or you would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, then please email [email protected]
Be sure to follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with all of our job alerts! @snaps_ by _ frameretail