Website Apparel HR
Position: Garment Technician
Our Fashion client is looking for a full time Garment Technician to join their busy team mid October 2019.
To support both the buying and production teams with technical expertise.
To set up and amend garment specifications within allowed time frames.
To fit garments with Buyers.
To ensure bulk production is delivered measuring and fitting as per the specifications.
To ensure bulk production is delivered adhering to the agreed quality level.
Primary Tasks –
– Set up and amend specifications.
– Fitting of approval & shipping samples.
– Supplier correspondence.
– Communication with Buying and production departments regarding technical issues and progress.
Secondary Tasks –
– Checking and measuring of inwards samples.
– Analysis of overall fit and quality level.
– Quality Assurance if time allows.
Directly responsible to: Head of Production
Functional relationships with:
Internally: Production department, Buying department
– Bulk production delivered on time and to the agreed specifications and quality level.
– Positive feedback regarding the fit of the company’s house brands.
– Positive supplier relationships.
– Good communication with the Production department and Buying Team.
– Excellent time management & organisation skills.
– Initiative and good communication skills.
– Able to multi-task with great attention to detail.
– Motivated and able to self-manage.
– Easy going, confident personality.
– Intermediate computer skills – MS word, outlook & excel, adobe illustrator.
– Experience with use of digital cameras, scanners and software.
– High level of knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles.
– Ability to sketch garments.
– Experience dealing with off-shore production from Asia and India.
– Previous experience in a Garment Tech role is essential, preferably 2 – 4 years.