Website Apparel HR
Position: Fashion Cutter
Located in Newmarket, our client is a high-end bridal store looking for an experienced Cutter. The successful candidate must be familiar with all aspects of hand and machine cutting.
To assist the design and production team with cutting and other general duties where assistance is required. Ensure a high standard of accuracy is maintained, specifications are followed for cutting samples for pattern makers in the design team.
Main Objectives of Position
– Cutting production garments.
– Effectively time keeping on a job by job basis to enable job costing and budgeting.
– Cutting of production or new samples in conjunction with the Production Director.
– Alert the Production Director with any concerns or issues in a timely manner. This may relate to stock of base materials, machinery, or anything else to do with the working environment.
– Directly reports to the Production Director.
– Ensure all administration tasks, e.g. timekeeping, etc., are completed in a timely manner and meet professional standards.
– From time to time you may be expected to carry out reasonable requests regarding responsibilities outside of this position description.
Health & Safety
– An understanding and commitment to practice health and safety work standards and procedures.
– Previous experience as a sample cutter.
– Formal qualification in pattern making, garment technology and fabrics.
– Extremely focused.
– Perfectionist with attention to detail.
– Great communication skills, ability to work quickly and be focused.
– Experience in production techniques.
– Computer skills an asset.
– Organizational skills and time management abilities.
– Hard working professional person who thrives in a busy environment.
– Friendly, positive attitude and sense of humour.