HOW TO: Nude Lips
Being able to create a great nude lip is an essential skill for any sane woman – and it looks great with this seasons trends…
From ultra glossy shut-up-and-kiss me lips to the mod, barely-there matte pout – nude lips are a great beauty tool as they can carry you through almost any occasion, any outfit, and any trend.
Beauty Bible is a huge fan of the 'lips or eyes rule (playing up one feature or the other, not both at the same time) so
nude lips look fabulous with a flawless face and smoky eye for a chic, elegant look – and also make the perfect match for bright eyes, colourful eyes.
Take note from the A-listers who shunned bright bolds in favour of nude gloss at the Golden Globes this year – it was all about natural coloured lips with either a subtle sheen or full-on gloss that reigned supreme.
HOT TIP: Its important to choose a colour thats slightly different to your skin tone to avoid looking like a corpse.
The key to creating the perfect nude pout is making sure you have a flawless canvas to work on. You must always exfoliate the lips beforehand in order to avoid chapped, flaking lips that will be exaggerated as soon as you add any product.
A great way to do this is to sprinkle a small amount of sugar on a soft, wet facecloth and brush away the dry skin, or gently massage the lips with a soft toothbrush.
When it comes to applying product for a nude lip it is best to treat it as if you were doing a big, bright red lip.
* Line the lips
* Apply the product
* Apply more product.
If you have naturally pale lips then you will be able to apply the nude colour straight to your lips. However if your lips have a more intense colouring then you may need to remove some of the colour before you apply the product. Normal concealer or foundation will do the trick, or pick up a product like M.A.C Pro Lip Erase that is specifically designed for this purpose.
Great products for fashion forward, super-practical nude lips are:
* Maybelline VolumeXLSeduction Lip Plumper in Seductively Nude
* Bobbi Brown Nude Lip & Eye Palette – for those of you that need a darker nude
* M.A.C Prep + Prime Lip: A colour-free base to wear under lipstick. Adds light moisture, smooths and refines the lips. Improves the appearance of applied lip products the perfect base for nude lips.
* Covergirl Outlast Lip Cover – best nude lips you can buy from your supermarket! ( hint: apply concealer first to remove any natural lip colour)
* Oxymoron Matte Lip Gloss by Poppy King in Deafening Silence.
* Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant: The first sugar-based, peppermint, lip exfoliator that is perfectly edible, and smells delicious.
* BYS Lipstick in Champagne Rain: BYS is a range of cosmetics available in jewellery chain stores, like Equip. We love it because it is modern, on-trend, and very low-priced – yet still great quality. Champagne rain is a great nude shade that does not dry your lips out.
* M.A.C Lip Erase: a hero product from the M.A.C Pro range, Lip Erase creates the ultimate nude lip, and looks great on it's own, or with a slick of clear gloss. This is also a fabulous product for wearing under other colours to remove any natural lip colour, exhibiting only the hue of the product you use.