A white shirt is a summer essential and we have the five hottest styles for the season. Whether you're after a classic look or something a little more daring, these styles will make sure you make the most of your white shirt this summer.
1. A definite trend for the summer season is shirts as jackets which is certainly a favourite look of many popular fashion bloggers too. As you can see with this Workshop look the key is to keep the shirt simple and choose a straight cut that falls well and preferably one that you can roll up the sleeves for a casually elegant look.
2. Get those midriffs ready because crop tops are another summer trend that we'll be seeing a lot of. Max have come up with this cool shirt version which is a great way to have a bit more coverage while embracing the cropped look. Pair this with jeans or a great pair of pants for a look you can wear pretty much anywhere.
3. The boyfriend shirt is still around and perfect for those who like their shirts in a looser style. This version by Willa & Mae is a bit on the sheer side which gives it a subtly sexy feel and makes for a sublime look when buttoned up as you can see above. This shirt is perfect for daywear or sleepwear and is 100% cotton which is oh so nice on the skin.
4. Broderie anglaise is a key look for summer and you'll find it on many different garments although we're especially loving it on shirts this season. Storm have designed this cool short-sleeved shirt that is perfect dressed up or down, you could imagine this with a pretty skirt or casual jeans depending on your mood and where you are heading.
5. Clever details are a signature of Taylor designer Vicki Taylor and this shirt is no exception. With buttons down the back, front and inserts on the sleeves this shirt is a great piece that will definitely draw interest. Because one of the best things about fashion is that you really don't have to play by the rules, it's all about choosing things you love that make you feel great.