Culottes are everywhere this season and pretty much every label has done a pair or two for their summer collections. They're a versatile item to add to your wardrobe if you don't already have a pair and we've got five great ways to make the most of them.
1. Blak have come up with a beautiful pair of broderie anglaise culottes which is a wonderful way to create a feminine look without wearing a dress or skirt. The scalloped hem and floral details add just the right amount of prettiness and the length is perfect for dressing up or down depending on the occasion. Adding chunkier shoes like in the above image helps the look feel current, although you could choose more delicate shoes to go for a ladylike feel.
2. There is nothing better than pieces that match oh so well together and Penny Sage has created a stunning summer look with her gingham culottes and matching cropped top that makes for a sublime summer outfit. The matching look has been back for a while now and there are quite a few designers that have done matching tops with their culottes. This particular look is a standout though and the way the form-fitting top balances out the wide culottes is perfect and has a vintage yet of the moment appeal.
3. Culottes can make a sexy evening outfit too and Moochi have an alluring option with front splits that reveal the right amount of skin. The flowing nature of these culottes means that they're comfortable for dancing too so they would be just as good on the dance floor as they would be for propping up the bar. The camisole style of the top adds a slinkier effect to this outfit and could easily be swapped out for something sequined or embellished if you wanted to make a statement at your next event.
4. Weekends usually call for casual attire and Glassons have a relaxed pair of tie-waist culottes that are perfect for slouching around in or heading to a cafe for a catch up. The full length means they're a good option on days where it's not quite as warm and are a fun alternative to jeans that are easily dressed up a bit if needed. Handy pockets mean you can store your phone and cards so you don't even need to take a bag with you.
Culottes by Twenty-seven Names $250
5. Have you tried wearing culottes to work yet? As you can see by this tailored Twenty-seven Names outfit, culottes can make great work wear and are office appropriate when paired with a blazer or top. This length of culotte also works well on more petite frames as anything with volume that falls below the knee can make a small person look shorter. These culottes are made of linen which is a breathable natural fabric that is nice to wear all day, after all comfort and style are both important when it comes to looking the part for work.