Sewtec Fashion Academy is an Auckland based, NZQA certified trainer specialising in practical training in the field of sewing and fashion. Since 2001, Sewtec has been providing an excellent standard of education to both domestic and international students, they pride themselves on shaping the minds of today into the professionals of tomorrow.
The certificates are industry recognised and Sewtec has a variety of outcomes depending on the individual student and their needs. Sewtec has helped students into self-employment, (many are now working for themselves on their own labels and businesses), employment and as a basis for further study (graduates have gone to SIT, AUT and Unitec). Small business management and mentoring is a standard part of the courses enabling students to gain the skills they need to compete and be successful in self-employment.
Sewtec provides a friendly, professional, supportive environment allowing students to flourish with staff who care about the students and their success. The maximum class size of 16 allows an excellent tutor to student ratio. Outside of course times tutors are available for extra support when needed (within standard business hours).
Sewtec is passionate about giving their student’s industry exposure, previously this exposure has included:
– Manukau En Vogue fashion showcase
– Guest speakers
– Designing and manufacturing garments for international pageants (such as; Miss World, Miss Earth, Mrs New Zealand, Miss International, Miss Intercontinental, Miss Tourism Queen)
– Work experience in designer work rooms
– Workshops in Jewellery making and screen printing
– Working in theatre wardrobe (including ‘Phantom of the Opera’)
– Private clients the student’s design and charge for
For prospective students (in New Zealand), they offer free trials of all their programmes ensuring Sewtec is the right match before committing.
Student loans and allowances are available for domestic students.